Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Go go go

Levi Hawk,

You're busy, amazing, always on the go.  I'm around, watching and marveling.  It is unbelievable that so much can happen in such a short period of time.  You crawl as fast as a grown-up jogger's warm-up pace.  You push your little cart around with a quickness.  You could walk if you let yourself go.  But for now, you proceed with some caution, holding on to things as you amble around (although sometimes you forget to hold on so you stand on your own).  You LOVE your kitty and your dog.  In fact, besides "dadda" and "mama", you love to say "DAWG", although more often it's "daw".  Your face is serious when you utter the word, and you usually point your finger to accompany your seriousness.

You had a few weeks when you didn't want to sleep.  It didn't last long, but I got a glimpse into what it feels like to be a tiny bit sleep deprived.  You're done with that now.  You sleep well again.  You also stopped liking baths for a while, but now they're okay.  Somewhat doable.  We go to a swimming class with other moms and babies.  You are definitely the most intense kid in the class.  The other kids splash and look on with a sort of oblivious expression on their faces.  You hold on tight to me mostly.  The water doesn't take the brunt of your 30 pounds.  I do.  And my biceps and deltoids can attest to this.  You like when I jog in the water.  You laugh when the chlorine makes you sneeze.  In and out of the water, you like to constantly be moving.  Even when we cuddle, you climb up me like I'm a climbing wall.  You are deftly athletic, perhaps like your daddy.

And, like I said before, you LOVE your kitty and new dog--no doubt like your mommy does.  Tonight you may have even said "kih" to your cat.  We'll see in the coming days if  you keep that one up.  You're capable of stacking three to four objects like blocks or spools.  You yell "YEAH!" when you're ready for applause after a successful stack.  You clap, play peek-a-boo, point, and dance better than Justin Timberlake.  Everyone knows I always wanted to be a mom, but not as many know that I secretly dreamed of dancing with you before I even met you.  Lo and behold, you're already this terrific dancer and I just can't believe that your dad and I get to be the lucky ones who get down with you daily in the kitchen and in the car.

A year ago I was huge and you were overdue and I knew on this day in 2010 that you weren't going to be coming for a while still.  I just knew it, and it turned out to be true.  Now it's 2011 and I still am me--but better because of you.  You are my sun, moon, and stars.  What was there before there was you?  I don't care to remember.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

A MEMORY ALBUM IN PROGRESS

THOUGHTS, WORDS, AND PHOTOS ABOUT THIS THING WE DO